About Nicole:Nicole Leigh Shaw consistently wonders, "Why did I come into this room?" Once upon a time she was a mostly serious news journalist, an accidental magazine columnist, and a mediocre editor. Now she funnels an enthusiasm for meeting minimum requirements into her blog, Ninja Mom, and finding pairs of socks for her kids that kind of match. With four kids under age eight (two are twins), she can say with confidence that she's finally gotten the hang of this birth control thing: Facebook. Because one cannot procreate and update statuses at the same time. Like her Facebook page and follow her on her back-up birth control, Twitter. If that's not enough, add her Google profile, or her Ninja Mom Blog Google Page, to your circles.
Published WorkThe newly released and already best-selling humor anthology, I Just Want to Pee Alone features Nicole's poignant, meaningful, ground-breaking humor essay "The Other Mommy War."
Spearheaded by Jen of People I Want to Punch in the Throat, this collection of essays by some of the Internet's best mom bloggers is a must-read for any mother who's thrown a towel over the pee-pee spot on her kid's bed at 2 am and gone back to sleep. These moms are reporting form the trenches and they aren't pulling any punches.
But don't take Nicole's word for it, here's what reviewers are saying (Click the pictures to read the raves).
Here's an excerpt from Nicole's essay:
Elsewhere on the Web
NickMom.com:Nicole writes professionally as a humorist for NickMom.com, THE place for mom-related humor online. Her NickMom work can be found here. It has also appeared on NickMom's new television network.
Highlights include these popular pieces.
Places Nicole's contributed:
- Nicole has contributed four original posts to InThePowderRoom.com.
- Nicole's piece, originally titled "Is Crack Still Whack?" was republished at Mamalode.com.
- Nicole has contributed two original pieces to ScaryMommy.com.
- Nicole is a three-time guest Mouthy Housewife on The Mouthy Housewives.
- Nicole has appeared twice on the hugely popluar blog, MommyShorts.com.
- Nicole has contributed original work, as well as previously published content to the up-and-coming online resource for women, BonbonBreak.com.
Nicole works as a creative consultant for Castle Pictures, Inc., the television production company run by Chris Cassel whose projects include the Emmy-winning Rome: Engineering and Empire and even more Emmy-winning Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero. Naturally, Nicole had no part in making either of those programs. She does, however, consult extensively on projects in the parenthood and humor spaces and wouldn't mind winning an Emmy.
Accolades and people who mistook Nicole for someone much cooler:
- The News-Sentinel ran a feature article about Nicole on the front page of their Living section on March 29, 2013. You can see it online here.
- The Journal Gazette published this article about Nicole and her contribution to the humor anthology I Just Want to Pee Alone. It ran online and on the front page of their Living section on April 18, 2013.
- Nicole has been voted one of Circle of Moms Top 25 Funny Moms in 2011 and 2012.
- Nicole has been one of the Best Parenting Tweets of the Week on both HuffPostParents and NickMom.
Media and PRNicole does not run advertisements on the blog. However, she does like to partner with companies who provide unique, exciting, entertaining, and super cool products and services. If you have something you think would be right for her audience of cools parents with wicked senses of humor, contact her at NicoleLeighShaw [at] gmail [dot] com.
In addition to working with brands on her blog, Nicole hosts Twitter parties, hour-long events on Twitter designed to promote products and services. Her partners in Twitter partying are Ilana Wiles of MommyShorts.com and Kim Bongiorno of LetMeStartBySayingBlog.com. Together they have brought brand awareness to their audience. Contact Nicole for more details at NicoleLeighShaw (at) gmail (dot) com.